With a Vietnam 5-year visa exemption, no other visas are required for people who stay in this country for 05 years. Those people having a 5-year Vietnam visa exemption certificate are allowed to stay in Vietnam for up to 180 days for each visit. Extending a visa is needed if they want to stay longer than 180 days without leaving the country. The extended duration is up to 6 months. The Visa exemption certificate shall be valid for up to 05 years and expires at least 6 months before the expiration of the holder’s passport or equivalent paper.
Nội dung bài viết:
Who is eligible for the Vietnam 5-year visa exemption
- Vietnamese overseas do not hold Vietnamese passports.
- Foreigners who are spouses, children of Vietnamese overseas, or Vietnamese citizens.
- Some people who lost their Vietnam 5-year visa or someone change their passport numbers.
Procedures to get a Vietnam 5-year visa exemption
For foreign spouses & children of overseas Vietnamese or Vietnamese citizens:
To apply for a Vietnam 5-year visa exemption for foreign spouses and children of overseas Vietnamese or Vietnamese citizens, the applicants need to prepare:
- If you are in Vietnam, you need an application form NAO9.
- Foreign passport valid for at least 6 months following entry date in Vietnam;
- Two photos taken recently (white background, straight face, bare head, no colored glasses)
- One copy attached to originals of one of the following papers which prove the relationship between wives/husbands/children and the Vietnamese overseas/Vietnamese citizens:
- Certificate of Marriage
- Certificate of Birth
- Certificate of relationship with father, mother, and children;
- Other valid documents as regulated by the Vietnamese Law.
- The decision of Adoption
For Vietnamese overseas:
The applicants need to prepare all of these documents:
- 5-year Vietnam visa exemption application form, 1 form only. Print it with a barcode on Letter-sized paper.
- A passport or equivalent paper or a residence permit granted by a competent agency in the country of residence valid for at least 12 months following the entry date in Vietnam; and still valid in the next 5 or 6 years is the best to get a Vietnam 5-year visa.
- Two photos taken recently (white background, clear, no colored glasses);
- One certified copy or copy attached to the originals of one of the following papers:
- Birth certificate;
- Certificate of Vietnamese citizenship;
- The decision for renunciation of Vietnamese citizenship;
- Certificate of loss of Vietnamese citizenship;
- A Vietnamese passport (valid or invalid)
- Identity Card (valid or invalid);
- Latest voter’s card;
- Family Register Book;
- Documents issued by competent foreign authorities if they can prove that the person in question has original Vietnamese citizenship or is of Vietnamese origin.
- In case you can not provide the documents listed in (4), the following materials could be submitted:
- A guarantee issued by an overseas Vietnamese association from the country of residence.
- A guarantee from a Vietnamese citizen.
You are able to submit these documents above to the granting authority like diplomatic missions of Vietnam (Embassies and Consulates in Vietnam); or
Vietnam Immigration Department under the Ministry of Public Security (if you are in Vietnam).
You can get Vietnam 5-year visa exemption within 7 days
Visa exemption service at Bistax Law
Bistax Law Consulting Company Limited provides a full-service visa exemption package for all overseas Vietnamese, spouses of Vietnamese citizens, children of Vietnamese citizens, or cases of re-issuance of a 5-year visa exemption certificate due to loss, or misplacement, or change of passport number,….
Why do you choose our visa service of Bistax Law Consulting Company?
♥ Free notarized translation service and consular legalization of documents issued by foreign countries
♥ Support to receive documents and deliver results to your home (free of charge).
♥ Consulting solutions to save time and costs because each case will have different records and procedures.
♥ Commitment to no costs, only one-time fee indication, records with a clear contract signing record.